Coming up in the world I’ve always admired people who’ve done a bit of everything and then taken what they’ve learned and melded it into something exceptional.
So I set about living that life myself.
To date my “Been There, Done That” list looks a little something like this:
- Did my time in the retail industry, both in Australia and the US
- Polished my skills as a professional gift wrapper
- Desk jobbed it at kick ass music industry bodies Qmusic and AIR
- Was promotions assistant at Indie label SugarRush Records
- Ran a merch selling business with my bestie covering all manner of shows and internationally renowned festivals
- Co-ordinated licensing over at Nightlife Music + Video
- Told the world what I thought writing album and gig reviews
- Worked as a stage manager and door b*tch
- Look Ma! I wrote, styled co-directed and co-produced a film clip
- Contributed to fish and chip wrapping with my time at The Courier Mail
- Styled bands for their launches and gigs
- Dressed corporate speakers for multi-day events
- Wrote campaigns that bought in over a million bucks
- Went to Beauty School and didn’t drop out (though I hummed the song almost every morning)
- Documented what I wore every day for a year on this here blog www.loverssaintsandsailors.com, and never wore the same thing twice
- Packed up my (imaginary) briefcase, said “damn the man!” and went out on my own as a freelance writer, sub-editor and copywriter for the likes of The Collective, Rolling Stone, Yen, and Jetstar, among others!
These days I’m writing for a variety of clients, styling a swathe of fabulous folk and keeping it real.